Almost 60 percent of Austrians give their natural hair colour a helping hand, at least temporarily. And more and more often they dye at home. The brand manufacturers have come up with some ideas to make dyeing hair easy. Branded hair dyes are easy to apply, do not drip, care already during dyeing and have a high luminosity and opacity. Nevertheless, mishaps occur again and again when dyeing hair.
Longer exposure time = more intensive colour?
Please do not. The specified exposure time is precisely adjusted to achieve an optimum colour result through gentle application. A longer application time will not result in a more intensive colour. Those who leave the colour on the scalp for too long risk skin irritation.
Help, hair loss?
Every person loses on average about 50 to 100 hairs per day. In spring and autumn it can also be more. Nutrition also plays a role. The longer and darker the hair, the more noticeable is the hair loss. If the hair runs out in tufts, a doctor should be consulted in any case.
Hairdry for more intensive colour results?
No, because the heat accelerates the dyeing process. This aid should be left to professionals. If the hair dryer and foil are not used competently, this can lead to skin irritations and hair damage.
Hair dyes and allergies?
Hair dyes only trigger allergies in very rare cases. A few simple tips will ensure that hair dyes do not cause skin irritation:
- Compatibility test: Before each hair colouring, check the colour for skin compatibility at an inconspicuous spot, for example in the crook of the arm.
- Gloves protect hands and nails from discoloration and minimize direct contact with the skin.
- Only on intact scalp: Even a slight sunburn or a small wound means that the scalp is damaged and can react sensitively to hair colours.
- Hair is coloured and not the scalp: Thoroughly remove colour stains with a cotton pad soaked in facial tonic.
- Beware of henna tattoos: Some henna tattoos contain too high a concentration of para-phenylenediamine. The intensive and long contact by the tattoo can lead to the fact that some hair colors are no longer tolerated.